Listen very carefully... 'Allo 'Allo! is on at Alban Arena
SOME might say it was one of the greatest British comedies ever written, but judge for yourself and watch the production of Allo, Allo! Starring original series member Vicki Michelle, the show, directed by James Robert Carson, is on at The Alban Arena f
SOME might say it was one of the greatest British comedies ever written, but judge for yourself and watch the production of 'Allo, 'Allo!
Starring original series member Vicki Michelle, the show, directed by James Robert Carson, is on at The Alban Arena from Monday, April 6 until April 11.
There is no show on April 10.
Listen very carefully... set in France during the Second World War, the story follows the hapless adventures of French Caf� owner Ren� Artois, played by former Hi-De-Hi comic Jeffrey Holland.
You may also want to watch:
He and his wife Edith struggle to keep for themselves a priceless portrait - The Fallen Madonna 'with ze Big Boobies' - stolen by the Nazis and hidden in a sausage in their cellar.
Adding to Ren�'s woes, the French Resistance force him to aid their persistent attempts to return two bumbling British airmen to England, while trying to keep his affairs with his two waitresses from his wife.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
Vicki Michelle dons her French waitress outfit once more in the role of Yvette Carte-Blanche.
Producer Ed O'Driscoll said: "This is a real 'feel good' production and we're delighted with the excitement we're already causing at venues across the UK.
"I honestly think people just want to forget their problems for a couple of hours and have a damn good laugh!"
Created for the BBC by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, 'Allo, 'Allo! aired between 1982 and 1992 and comprised 85 episodes.
This new adaptation aims to provide a unique opportunity to experience the comedy, gags and fast-paced cultural clich�s that established it as one of Britain's most poplar sitcoms.
The show starts at 7.30pm and at 2.30pm for the Thursday and Saturday matinees.
All opening night tickets are �15.
Thursday and Saturday matinee tickets are �17.50, concessions get �2.50 off that price.
All other tickets are from �17.50.