Lisa Snowdon backs Welwyn Garden City hospice walk
HEADS turned as the Isabel Hospice was joined by a very special guest for its latest fundraising drive. Model Lisa Snowdon joined fundraisers from the hospice at
HEADS turned as the Isabel Hospice was joined by a very special guest for its latest fundraising drive.
Model Lisa Snowdon joined fundraisers from the hospice at the Van Hage garden centre in Great Amwell on Sunday, to help promote the charity's forthcoming Sunset and Stars Walk.
The 37-year-old, who grew up in WGC, sold raffle tickets and encouraged shoppers to sign up for the 9-mile walk, which will take place in St Margarets on June 13.
Speaking to the WHT, Strictly Come Dancing star Lisa said it "made sense" for her to get involved with Isabel Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
"It is very local to where I grew up - it is literally a stone's throw away from where my dad still lives," she said.
"My sisters were born in the QE2 and one of their centres is set up there.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
"Also a close friend of mine, his uncle has used the hospice so that was another reason why I agreed to do it."
She added: "It is nice to give something back and to work with organisations and charities that are slightly smaller and to try and raise their profile."
Walk organiser Gina Bridgman said: "We can't thank Lisa Snowdon enough for giving up her valuable time to support the hospice.
"She was an absolute delight, and made so many people smile on the day."
Gina also thanked the Van Hage garden centre for hosting the event.
For more information about the Sunset and Stars Walk go to www.isabelhospice.org.uk
* Lisa Snowdon also took time out to speak to us about how, despite her success, WGC still holds an important place in her heart. Read the exclusive interview in today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.