Lisa Snowdon backs Welwyn Garden City hospice walk
HEADS turned as the Isabel Hospice was joined by a very special guest for its latest fundraising drive. Model Lisa Snowdon joined fundraisers from the hospice at
HEADS turned as the Isabel Hospice was joined by a very special guest for its latest fundraising drive.
Model Lisa Snowdon joined fundraisers from the hospice at the Van Hage garden centre in Great Amwell on Sunday, to help promote the charity's forthcoming Sunset and Stars Walk.
The 37-year-old, who grew up in WGC, sold raffle tickets and encouraged shoppers to sign up for the 9-mile walk, which will take place in St Margarets on June 13.
Speaking to the WHT, Strictly Come Dancing star Lisa said it "made sense" for her to get involved with Isabel Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
"It is very local to where I grew up - it is literally a stone's throw away from where my dad still lives," she said.
"My sisters were born in the QE2 and one of their centres is set up there.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 10 Head of planning to leave for county council role
"Also a close friend of mine, his uncle has used the hospice so that was another reason why I agreed to do it."
She added: "It is nice to give something back and to work with organisations and charities that are slightly smaller and to try and raise their profile."
Walk organiser Gina Bridgman said: "We can't thank Lisa Snowdon enough for giving up her valuable time to support the hospice.
"She was an absolute delight, and made so many people smile on the day."
Gina also thanked the Van Hage garden centre for hosting the event.
For more information about the Sunset and Stars Walk go to www.isabelhospice.org.uk
* Lisa Snowdon also took time out to speak to us about how, despite her success, WGC still holds an important place in her heart. Read the exclusive interview in today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.