Lisa Snowdon backs Welwyn Garden City hospice walk
HEADS turned as the Isabel Hospice was joined by a very special guest for its latest fundraising drive. Model Lisa Snowdon joined fundraisers from the hospice at
HEADS turned as the Isabel Hospice was joined by a very special guest for its latest fundraising drive.
Model Lisa Snowdon joined fundraisers from the hospice at the Van Hage garden centre in Great Amwell on Sunday, to help promote the charity's forthcoming Sunset and Stars Walk.
The 37-year-old, who grew up in WGC, sold raffle tickets and encouraged shoppers to sign up for the 9-mile walk, which will take place in St Margarets on June 13.
Speaking to the WHT, Strictly Come Dancing star Lisa said it "made sense" for her to get involved with Isabel Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
"It is very local to where I grew up - it is literally a stone's throw away from where my dad still lives," she said.
"My sisters were born in the QE2 and one of their centres is set up there.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
"Also a close friend of mine, his uncle has used the hospice so that was another reason why I agreed to do it."
She added: "It is nice to give something back and to work with organisations and charities that are slightly smaller and to try and raise their profile."
Walk organiser Gina Bridgman said: "We can't thank Lisa Snowdon enough for giving up her valuable time to support the hospice.
"She was an absolute delight, and made so many people smile on the day."
Gina also thanked the Van Hage garden centre for hosting the event.
For more information about the Sunset and Stars Walk go to www.isabelhospice.org.uk
* Lisa Snowdon also took time out to speak to us about how, despite her success, WGC still holds an important place in her heart. Read the exclusive interview in today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.