Lift off for Hertfordshire's air ambulance
FIREWORKS can be expected tonight as the long awaited Herts Air Ambulance is officially unveiled. The event marks the culmination of a high-profile fundraising campaign and, thanks to a huge response from the people of the county, the service was delivere
FIREWORKS can be expected tonight as the long awaited Herts Air Ambulance is officially unveiled.
The event marks the culmination of a high-profile fundraising campaign and, thanks to a huge response from the people of the county, the service was delivered in just 18 months.
The new aircraft, an MD 902 Explorer, will be unveiled at a firework display tonight (Wednesday) at Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage.
It will cost over £80,000 a month to run the aircraft, and maintaining the service will only be possible through the continued generosity of the public.
You may also want to watch:
But Rob Forsyth, trustee of Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust, said tonight's launch will be "a celebration".
He said: "November 5, 2008 promises to be a day to remember.
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 7 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 8 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
"It will be about a celebration, a chance to congratulate everyone for what they have done."
Around 20, 000 spectators are expected at the display.
The aircraft launch is being sponsored by WGC-based drugs giant Roche.
General manager John Melville said: "We are very proud to be supporting the lift off of the air ambulance as we have a shared passion for improving people's health and quality of life with innovative services.