Life begins at 50 for Welwyn woman
REACHING 50 is a milestone that quite a few women want to forget.
Not Ceri Wheeldon from Welwyn though.
She launched her website www.fabafterfifty.com this month to celebrate passing the half century mark and to give advice to every woman – of that age or over – on all things lifestyle.
Ceri, of Reynards Road, said the site is designed for those who want to remain vibrant, valued and a force to be reckoned with.
“The site’s philosophy is simple: to create a community where women over 50 can do what they do best – learn, laugh, share, network, make new friends, inspire and be inspired.”
You may also want to watch:
The website offers input from many top experts, including celebrity hairdresser Denise McAdam and celebrity stylist Ceril Campbell, on fitness, diet, health, psychology, beauty, style, business, finance, career and relationships.
Regular in-depth product and book reviews will also be featured, along with profiles of inspirational women over 50 from all walks of life and experience.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 6 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
Ceri said she launched the site because she feels today women over 50 are more active, healthier, fitter and more vibrant than ever before.
She also believes they are overlooked or sidelined by the media – “portrayed in a way that no longer reflects reality”.
She said: “Our 50s and beyond offer us the opportunity to take time for ourselves.
“Not ready to become invisible and fade into the background we expect to look good and feel good.
“We want our over 50 selves to live life to the full and take advantage of all the anti-ageing hair, make-up, styling and beauty and lifestyle tips available to us.”
The 50-year-old added she hopes to cater for all walks of life.
“Whether we are coping with the menopause, coming to terms with the empty nest once the children have left home, starting over following divorce or bereavement, or embarking on a new mid-life business or career, it’s good to feel that we are part of a like-minded community.”
For more information and to get involved visit www.fab afterfifty.com