Life begins at 50 for Welwyn woman
REACHING 50 is a milestone that quite a few women want to forget.
Not Ceri Wheeldon from Welwyn though.
She launched her website www.fabafterfifty.com this month to celebrate passing the half century mark and to give advice to every woman – of that age or over – on all things lifestyle.
Ceri, of Reynards Road, said the site is designed for those who want to remain vibrant, valued and a force to be reckoned with.
“The site’s philosophy is simple: to create a community where women over 50 can do what they do best – learn, laugh, share, network, make new friends, inspire and be inspired.”
You may also want to watch:
The website offers input from many top experts, including celebrity hairdresser Denise McAdam and celebrity stylist Ceril Campbell, on fitness, diet, health, psychology, beauty, style, business, finance, career and relationships.
Regular in-depth product and book reviews will also be featured, along with profiles of inspirational women over 50 from all walks of life and experience.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
Ceri said she launched the site because she feels today women over 50 are more active, healthier, fitter and more vibrant than ever before.
She also believes they are overlooked or sidelined by the media – “portrayed in a way that no longer reflects reality”.
She said: “Our 50s and beyond offer us the opportunity to take time for ourselves.
“Not ready to become invisible and fade into the background we expect to look good and feel good.
“We want our over 50 selves to live life to the full and take advantage of all the anti-ageing hair, make-up, styling and beauty and lifestyle tips available to us.”
The 50-year-old added she hopes to cater for all walks of life.
“Whether we are coping with the menopause, coming to terms with the empty nest once the children have left home, starting over following divorce or bereavement, or embarking on a new mid-life business or career, it’s good to feel that we are part of a like-minded community.”
For more information and to get involved visit www.fab afterfifty.com