Licence for Knebworth's Sonisphere music festival approved
LET'S rock! It s all systems go for the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer. For the two-day music spectacular in August headlined by metal giants Metallica has had its licence approved. Festival organisers, Kilimanjaro Live Ltd, submitted
LET'S rock! It's all systems go for the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer.
For the two-day music spectacular in August headlined by metal giants Metallica has had its licence approved.
Festival organisers, Kilimanjaro Live Ltd, submitted the application to North Herts District Council (NHDC) for the festival and for future years of the event.
It included plans for traffic management around the estate over the course of the weekend, noise control and crime prevention.
You may also want to watch:
No residents objected to the application during a 28-day period, so NHDC granted the licence.
Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of Lytton Enterprises, said: "We are so pleased.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
"The promoters have worked closely with us and the local authorities to create an enjoyable, safe and well-run festival.
"It is a brilliant event for the region, offers an exciting and world-recognisable line-up for the event calendar, and will provide a much-needed economic boost to the region."
She added that businesses in Herts will benefit from the event, with doors to the campsite opening on Thursday, July 30 and closing on Monday, August 3.
"We always offer local supplier lists and employment agencies to event organisers - Sonisphere will offer fantastic opportunities."
The UK leg of the touring Sonisphere Festival will once again establish Knebworth House as one of the few truly great outdoor music venues.
Queen, Led Zeppelin, Oasis and Robbie Williams have all played the legendary site over the years.
Nu-metal favourites Linkin Park will headline the opening day of Sonisphere, with metal legends Metallica playing a full two-hour set to close the festival on the Sunday night.
Others on the Knebworth bill include American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails, Welsh bands Bullet For My Valentine and Feeder, Irish legends Thin Lizzy, grunge gods Alice In Chains and American rock group Taking Back Sunday.
* See next Wednesday's WHT for details of how to win tickets for Sonisphere.