Legal threat to Hatfield mum over school earrings row
A MUM who is keeping her daughter away from school in a row over pierced ears may face legal action. A county council spokeswoman issued the warning to Christine Wood, who is refusing to send her daughter Kirstie Browne to Onslow St Audrey's School. As pr
A MUM who is keeping her daughter away from school in a row over pierced ears may face legal action.
A county council spokeswoman issued the warning to Christine Wood, who is refusing to send her daughter Kirstie Browne to Onslow St Audrey's School.
As previously reported in the WHT, the 11-year-old was banned for lessons unless she took her earrings out - something her mother is disputing.
The spokeswoman said: "Onslow St Audrey's School is sending work home for Kirstie in an effort to ensure that she doesn't fall too far behind her classmates.
You may also want to watch:
"Kirstie's absence from school is being recorded as 'unauthorised' and if she fails to attend school after the Easter holidays, further action will be taken to ensure she gets the education she needs."
She added an attendance improvement officer had visited Christine's Stockbreach Road home and reminded her of her legal duty to ensure Kirstie is educated.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season