Legal threat to Hatfield mum over school earrings row
A MUM who is keeping her daughter away from school in a row over pierced ears may face legal action. A county council spokeswoman issued the warning to Christine Wood, who is refusing to send her daughter Kirstie Browne to Onslow St Audrey's School. As pr
A MUM who is keeping her daughter away from school in a row over pierced ears may face legal action.
A county council spokeswoman issued the warning to Christine Wood, who is refusing to send her daughter Kirstie Browne to Onslow St Audrey's School.
As previously reported in the WHT, the 11-year-old was banned for lessons unless she took her earrings out - something her mother is disputing.
The spokeswoman said: "Onslow St Audrey's School is sending work home for Kirstie in an effort to ensure that she doesn't fall too far behind her classmates.
You may also want to watch:
"Kirstie's absence from school is being recorded as 'unauthorised' and if she fails to attend school after the Easter holidays, further action will be taken to ensure she gets the education she needs."
She added an attendance improvement officer had visited Christine's Stockbreach Road home and reminded her of her legal duty to ensure Kirstie is educated.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day