Laughs in the Park 2011 returns to St Albans with Eddie Izzard
AWARD-WINNING comedian and actor Eddie Izzard will return to Hertfordshire in July for Laughs in the Park 2011.
The groundbreaking open-air comedy festival is back bigger and better than last year’s inaugural event, which featured Izzard, Dylan Moran and Reginald D Hunter over three successive nights at Verulamium Park in St Albans.
This summer’s line-up for the same venue includes Izzard once again, along with Ross Noble and Irish stand-up superstar Tommy Tiernan.
The comedy spectacular is being held earlier this year, with the event taking place from Friday, July 22 to Sunday, July 24.
All three comedians will perform each night on the UK’s first purpose built outdoor comedy stage. As well as the stand-up comedy, there will be a full festival style area of food and drink outlets, and each evening will culminate in a spectacular firework display.
You may also want to watch:
Coverage of the whole event will be on BBC TV, radio and online.
Doors open at 4pm, with new talent showcased on the BBC Comedy Presents Stage from 4.30pm.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
The main stage show will start at 7pm with the fireworks around 10.30pm.
Tickets for Laughs in the Park start from �20 (plus booking fee) and go on general sale at 10am tomorrow (Friday).
Call the HMV ticket hotline on 0843 221 0977.