Last chance to enter Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life
WOMEN in Welwyn Hatfield are being urged to “join the girls” and enter Race for Life.
So far around 2,300 walkers, joggers and runners have entered the 5k race, which starts at 11am on Sunday, June 5 at Stanborough Lakes, WGC.
With a limit of 3,000 and online entries set to close next Thursday, this really is the last chance to get involved in the event, organised by Cancer Research UK and Tesco.
This year’s event has struggled to attract the interest organisers hoped – with a planned second race in the afternoon having to be scrapped due to lack of demand.
So this last call is going out to mums, daughters, grannies, sisters, friends and workmates to enter as soon as possible, and help contribute to the millions of pounds raised for vital life-saving research into cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Event manager Vicki Brown said: “We are very grateful to all the women who have already entered Race for Life in Welwyn Hatfield but we urgently need many more. There are still lots of places to fill, just go online and sign up. It’s that simple!
“We are issuing an urgent rallying call to the town’s ‘missing’ women. We hope they will hear our plea and register. We need them to step forward and be counted.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
* If you haven’t entered yet, visit the website (link above right) or call 0871 641 1111.