Man arrested after laser shone at police helicopter in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man from Hatfield has been arrested after a laser pointer was aimed at a police helicopter.
At around 8.30pm on Sunday, November 4, it was reported that a laser was being directly shone at a National Police Air Service (NPAS) helicopter flying over the Chilterns area of Hatfield.
The helicopter had been looking for a missing person, but the search was disrupted.
The man was arrested on suspicion of recklessly endangering an aircraft and has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Welwyn Hatfield South Police tweeted at 2.40pm yesterday (November 5) about the incident, saying: “Errrrm Thinking of shining a laser towards an aircraft????!!! Just make sure it isn’t @NPAShq !!!”
You may also want to watch:
The laser was recovered by police.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fence that blocked public path now removed