Landmark Welwyn Garden City chimney being taken down
WORK to demolish a famous landmark of the WGC skyline has begun. A crane is currently in place in Broadwater Road, where workers are taking down the former
WORK to demolish a famous landmark of the WGC skyline has begun.
A crane is currently in place in Broadwater Road, where workers are taking down the former Roche chimney brick by brick.
Landowner Taylor Wimpey wants to build up to 250 homes on the site and is currently preparing a detailed planning application for the development.
Construction is anticipated to start next year.
You may also want to watch:
Plans to blow up the tower had to be scrapped due to health and safety reasons.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season