Landmark Welwyn Garden City chimney being taken down
WORK to demolish a famous landmark of the WGC skyline has begun. A crane is currently in place in Broadwater Road, where workers are taking down the former
WORK to demolish a famous landmark of the WGC skyline has begun.
A crane is currently in place in Broadwater Road, where workers are taking down the former Roche chimney brick by brick.
Landowner Taylor Wimpey wants to build up to 250 homes on the site and is currently preparing a detailed planning application for the development.
Construction is anticipated to start next year.
You may also want to watch:
Plans to blow up the tower had to be scrapped due to health and safety reasons.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park