'Knife gang' on prowl at Potters Bar fairground
POLICE rushed to a fun fair on Friday evening after receiving reports that a gang of youths armed with knives were on the prowl. An officer from Potters Bar police station headed for the Charles Mayne Family Fun Fair, in
POLICE rushed to a fun fair on Friday evening after receiving reports that a gang of youths armed with knives were on the prowl.
An officer from Potters Bar police station headed for the Charles Mayne Family Fun Fair, in Mutton Lane, at around 9.10pm, following a call from a worried member of the public.
The gang was thought to number 20 youths, who have been described as being either black or mixed race.
"The informant believed that they were from the Potters Bar area," police said.
You may also want to watch:
Some fairgoers are understood to have been threatened by the yobs, although no such reports have been received by police.
A police spokeswoman told the Potters Bar Edition that the officer combed the fairground but could not find a group which matched the description given.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
She added: "The officer spoke to the fairground organisers, who were not aware of anything either.