'Knife gang' on prowl at Potters Bar fairground
POLICE rushed to a fun fair on Friday evening after receiving reports that a gang of youths armed with knives were on the prowl. An officer from Potters Bar police station headed for the Charles Mayne Family Fun Fair, in
POLICE rushed to a fun fair on Friday evening after receiving reports that a gang of youths armed with knives were on the prowl.
An officer from Potters Bar police station headed for the Charles Mayne Family Fun Fair, in Mutton Lane, at around 9.10pm, following a call from a worried member of the public.
The gang was thought to number 20 youths, who have been described as being either black or mixed race.
"The informant believed that they were from the Potters Bar area," police said.
You may also want to watch:
Some fairgoers are understood to have been threatened by the yobs, although no such reports have been received by police.
A police spokeswoman told the Potters Bar Edition that the officer combed the fairground but could not find a group which matched the description given.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
She added: "The officer spoke to the fairground organisers, who were not aware of anything either.