Knebworth to be 'Highlight' of Metallica's Sonisphere tour
PREPARATIONS for next month's Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House are gathering pace. Around 50,000 music fans will descend on the Hertfordshire stately home for the inaugural Sonisphere spectacular on August 1-2. Promoting the forthcoming camping fest
PREPARATIONS for next month's Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House are gathering pace.
Around 50,000 music fans will descend on the Hertfordshire stately home for the inaugural Sonisphere spectacular on August 1-2.
Promoting the forthcoming camping festival, London-based metal band The Defiled, who will play the Jagermeister stage, joined Sonisphere director Stuart Galbraith and Knebworth House's Henry and Martha Lytton Cobbold earlier today (Thursday).
Galbraith, who also organised the legendary 1996 Oasis gigs at Knebworth, said: "Sonisphere will be 50,000 people camping and the best rock music in the world."
You may also want to watch:
Knebworth will be the final stop of the first European touring festival of its kind.
The two-day rock event will be headlined by nu-metal favourites Linkin Park and metal legends Metallica.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
Work on preparing the festival site will start on July 20.
Galbraith added: "We've been with Metallica across Europe and I know they are looking forward to Knebworth.
"Knebworth will be the highlight of the tour!"
Thunder were added to the line-up earlier this week, as predicted by www.whtimes24.co.uk on Monday.
* See next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for further interviews from the Sonisphere team and a competition to win tickets for the festival.