Knebworth prepares to rock to the sound of Rammstein, Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden
ONE of the biggest pyrotechnic shows you are ever likely to see has been promised, when German rockers Rammstein take to the stage at this year’s Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park.
As the countdown to this weekend’s rock festival continues apace, organiser Stuart Galbraith spoke to the WHT at a press conference in the grounds of the stately home today (Tuesday).
Referring to Rammstein’s headline slot on Saturday evening, he said: “This will be the biggest pyrotechnic and special effects show I have ever put on in 25 years in the music business.”
He added: “It is the first time that Rammstein have ever played a festival in the UK and this will be their biggest show here to date.”
This year’s festival, which will be held over three days, will also be headlined by US rock legend Alice Cooper on Friday and British metal behemoths Iron Maiden on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Numan, M�tley Cr�e, Slayer, Anthrax and Alice In Chains are just some of the dozens of other acts who will also be performing at the event.
Henry and Martha Lytton Cobbold, the owners of Knebworth Park, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times how pleased they were to welcome Sonisphere back to their estate for the second year running.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Henry said: “We are thrilled by the bill and I think it is a great continuation of the Knebworth tradition that has been going since 1974.
“We are delighted to add a few more greats to that August list.”
Martha added: “The economic effect is fantastic for us but it is also a fantastic boon to the area.”
The Welwyn Hatfield Times will be at this weekend’s festival.
For a full report and pictures, see next week’s edition.