Knebworth festival starts on Saturday
THIS year’s Knebworth Festival promises to offer fun for all the family.
A range of activities will take place throughout the duration of the event, which starts on Saturday with a village fete and comedy night.
There will also be a mobile treasure hunt, a concert given by WGC Male Voice Choir, a flower-arranging demonstration and a fashion show.
But one of the highlights of the event will surely be a lecture given by former war correspondent and independent MP Martin Bell OBE, which will be staged at Knebworth Village Hall next Wednesday.
Tickets for his 8pm talk, entitled The Expenses Scandal, the Election and the Future of Politics, cost �6 each.
You may also want to watch:
The eight day festival then draws to a close on Sunday, June 27, at Knebworth House.
There will be a reception on the terrace at 7pm, before a poetry reading by actor Colin Greenslade at 8pm. Musical interludes will be provided by cellist Catherine Wilmers.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
Tickets cost �20, including a glass of sparkling wine and other refreshments.
For more information and a full programme of events, see link, right.