Knebworth couple's big tidy up
WE all know the saying – Keep Britain Tidy – well, one couple are doing just that. Ann and Tony Judge were fed up of seeing the same rubbish every day during their morning walks so decided to take action. The husband and wife team have spoken to the WHT
WE all know the saying - Keep Britain Tidy - well, one couple are doing just that.
Ann and Tony Judge were fed up of seeing the same rubbish every day during their morning walks so decided to take action.
The husband and wife team have spoken to the WHT today as Keep Britain Tidy's new campaign is launched for The Big Tidy Up.
Ann, from London Road, Knebworth, said: "For fitness we used to go for a walk every morning.
You may also want to watch:
"We did the same route and would see the same rubbish, so we decided that it's our neighbourhood and we wanted it to be clean."
The retired couple, now armed with their litter-picker, walk a number of circular routes around Knebworth and Woolmer Green.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
Ann believes most of the rubbish is thrown from cars as drivers pass through the villages, and hopes others will follow their example.
She said: "People think other people's rubbish is not their problem, but it is if you want to live somewhere nice."
Dickie Felton from The Big Tidy Up said: "We are delighted to hear of the fantastic work that Ann and Tony Judge are doing to tackle litter in their area.
"The Big Tidy Up is all about highlighting the great work that is taking place right across the country by individuals and groups working together to make their community a cleaner place to live.
"We urge as many people as possible to follow the example of this couple and get involved in a Big Tidy Up today.