Knebworth couple's big tidy up
WE all know the saying – Keep Britain Tidy – well, one couple are doing just that. Ann and Tony Judge were fed up of seeing the same rubbish every day during their morning walks so decided to take action. The husband and wife team have spoken to the WHT
WE all know the saying - Keep Britain Tidy - well, one couple are doing just that.
Ann and Tony Judge were fed up of seeing the same rubbish every day during their morning walks so decided to take action.
The husband and wife team have spoken to the WHT today as Keep Britain Tidy's new campaign is launched for The Big Tidy Up.
Ann, from London Road, Knebworth, said: "For fitness we used to go for a walk every morning.
"We did the same route and would see the same rubbish, so we decided that it's our neighbourhood and we wanted it to be clean."
The retired couple, now armed with their litter-picker, walk a number of circular routes around Knebworth and Woolmer Green.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 5 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 RSPCA rescue cats in Potters Bar waiting to find their forever homes
- 10 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
Ann believes most of the rubbish is thrown from cars as drivers pass through the villages, and hopes others will follow their example.
She said: "People think other people's rubbish is not their problem, but it is if you want to live somewhere nice."
Dickie Felton from The Big Tidy Up said: "We are delighted to hear of the fantastic work that Ann and Tony Judge are doing to tackle litter in their area.
"The Big Tidy Up is all about highlighting the great work that is taking place right across the country by individuals and groups working together to make their community a cleaner place to live.
"We urge as many people as possible to follow the example of this couple and get involved in a Big Tidy Up today.