Knebworth councillor gives grant to improve student safety
A MAJOR safety awareness campaign for young people has been given a funding boost by Hertfordshire County Council.
Richard Thake, who represents Knebworth and Codicote on the county council, has handed over �750 to the Hertfordshire Police Authority, to help it support the North Herts Crucial Crew scheme.
The scheme, which is aimed at year six primary school students, teaches children how to tackle the personal dangers and issues they may face, including road safety, stranger danger and and fire safety.
The money, which has been allocated from Cllr Thake’s �10,000 locality budget, will pay for a laptop, DVD player and other equipment used in interactive safety training for more than 1,400 students across North Herts.
“The North Herts Crucial Crew is a high profile and very successful partnership scheme which has been doing a great job in raising awareness of a whole range of safety topics among primary school children over the past six years,” Cllr Thake said.
You may also want to watch:
“This latest project is continuing that work on a very large scale, with all the primary schools in North Herts taking part, and I am very happy to augment their own fundraising by contributing to the cost of some of the equipment needed for this very worthwhile event.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers