Knebworth councillor gives grant to improve student safety
A MAJOR safety awareness campaign for young people has been given a funding boost by Hertfordshire County Council.
Richard Thake, who represents Knebworth and Codicote on the county council, has handed over �750 to the Hertfordshire Police Authority, to help it support the North Herts Crucial Crew scheme.
The scheme, which is aimed at year six primary school students, teaches children how to tackle the personal dangers and issues they may face, including road safety, stranger danger and and fire safety.
The money, which has been allocated from Cllr Thake’s �10,000 locality budget, will pay for a laptop, DVD player and other equipment used in interactive safety training for more than 1,400 students across North Herts.
“The North Herts Crucial Crew is a high profile and very successful partnership scheme which has been doing a great job in raising awareness of a whole range of safety topics among primary school children over the past six years,” Cllr Thake said.
“This latest project is continuing that work on a very large scale, with all the primary schools in North Herts taking part, and I am very happy to augment their own fundraising by contributing to the cost of some of the equipment needed for this very worthwhile event.”
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City BID renewed and funding secured following ballot