Knebworth conman facing 170-year jail sentence
A KNEBWORTH conman could be jailed for 170 years by an American court after being charged over a �4.4m investment fraud. Robert Tringham already has music legend Bruce Springsteen listed among his victims. He now faces further claims. The 64-year-old,
A KNEBWORTH conman could be jailed for 170 years by an American court after being charged over a �4.4m investment fraud.
Robert Tringham already has music legend Bruce Springsteen listed among his victims.
He now faces further claims.
The 64-year-old, originally from Knebworth, now lives in Diamond Bar, California.
You may also want to watch:
He fled Britain in 1998 after losing a two-year legal battle in the High Court where he was accused of releasing two unauthorised CDs of Springsteen's music.
The rock star was seeking �2m in damages; the court found in his favour and Tringham disappeared shortly after.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
Tringham now faces 11 counts in relation to a pyramid or Ponzi scheme and is accused of duping investors to hand-over cash.
Tringham is charged with four counts of wire fraud, three counts of mail fraud, and single counts of tax evasion, obstruction of justice, making a false statement to federal investigators and criminal forfeiture.
He was due back in court yesterday (Monday), but no details had been released at the time of writing.
* Did you know Tringham? Call the newsdesk on 01707 384180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org