Knebworth cash point thieves sentenced to prison
TWO fraudsters, who fixed card trapping devices to cash machines across the country, have been sentenced to two and half years in prison each. Narcis Bujor, 18, and Ionut Machis, 26, both of no fixed abode, each pleaded guilty to charges of theft and fra
TWO fraudsters, who fixed card trapping devices to cash machines across the country, have been sentenced to two and half years in prison each.
Narcis Bujor, 18, and Ionut Machis, 26, both of no fixed abode, each pleaded guilty to charges of theft and fraud offences at Luton Crown Court on Friday.
They were both sentenced to 32 months in prison, while Machis was given an additional 18 months for similar offences in London, to serve concurrently.
The pair were caught in Knebworth on May 14, after being spotted by CCTV operators tampering with a cash machine in Knebworth.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called and arrested the two shortly afterwards.
Detective Constable Geraldine Ward said: "These men were part of a criminal gang who targeted cash machines.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
"Officers acted quickly to ensure these people were arrested and we are pleased with that the seriousness of this offence has been recognised and prison sentences given.
"We hope this sends out a strong message to those who come to Hertfordshire to commit crime; we will catch you and you will be dealt with accordingly.