Knebworth cash point thieves sentenced to prison
TWO fraudsters, who fixed card trapping devices to cash machines across the country, have been sentenced to two and half years in prison each. Narcis Bujor, 18, and Ionut Machis, 26, both of no fixed abode, each pleaded guilty to charges of theft and fra
TWO fraudsters, who fixed card trapping devices to cash machines across the country, have been sentenced to two and half years in prison each.
Narcis Bujor, 18, and Ionut Machis, 26, both of no fixed abode, each pleaded guilty to charges of theft and fraud offences at Luton Crown Court on Friday.
They were both sentenced to 32 months in prison, while Machis was given an additional 18 months for similar offences in London, to serve concurrently.
The pair were caught in Knebworth on May 14, after being spotted by CCTV operators tampering with a cash machine in Knebworth.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called and arrested the two shortly afterwards.
Detective Constable Geraldine Ward said: "These men were part of a criminal gang who targeted cash machines.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
"Officers acted quickly to ensure these people were arrested and we are pleased with that the seriousness of this offence has been recognised and prison sentences given.
"We hope this sends out a strong message to those who come to Hertfordshire to commit crime; we will catch you and you will be dealt with accordingly.