Kellie Sutton’s grave without headstone on third anniversary of her death
- Credit: Archant
Kellie Sutton, 30, from Welwyn Garden City, died on August 26 2017, leaving behind her three children aged 14, 11, and four.
She took her own life after months of abuse by her boyfriend, who is now in prison.
Today marks the anniversary of her tragic death, but despite three years having passed her grave still doesn’t have a headstone.
The lack of which has been a cause of distress for her children, the oldest of which has said they don’t want to return to the grave until there is one.
Michelle, grandmother to Kellie’s children, told this paper: “We like to take her to Kellie’s grave on Mother’s Day, birthdays and Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The last time she was there she totally broke down looking around asking why her mum still didn’t have a headstone.
“It upset her and she felt strongly enough to say she didn’t want to return until there was one, I promised her I would do what I could to get this sorted.”
If you would like help the family purchase a headstone please visit out fundraiser we have set up here.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack