KATS offer cool two-for-one deal for latest production in Knebworth
IN the current economic downturn it s always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money. So how about this… Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket! The p
IN the current economic downturn it's always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money.
So how about this... Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket!
The pleasing deal is for The Good Old Days? Two Musical Plays production, which includes two one act plays, The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs and Soapsud Island.
Both will be performed at Knebworth Village Hall from next Thursday, May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Topically, each play deals with periods of financial depression in words and song.
The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs, directed by Jo Simson, is set in the Empire Music Hall and on the Western Front in 1914.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
Soapsud Island, directed by Jeffrey Goodwin, looks at life from the point of view of the laundry girls in action from the 1930s to the 1950s and sets new words to familiar tunes.
Tickets cost �6 (concessions get �1 off).
They are available from Frances Farrugia on 01438 820136 or from Village News, in Station Road, Knebworth.
The show runs until May 16.
It starts at 7.45pm.