KATS offer cool two-for-one deal for latest production in Knebworth
IN the current economic downturn it s always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money. So how about this… Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket! The p
IN the current economic downturn it's always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money.
So how about this... Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket!
The pleasing deal is for The Good Old Days? Two Musical Plays production, which includes two one act plays, The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs and Soapsud Island.
Both will be performed at Knebworth Village Hall from next Thursday, May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Topically, each play deals with periods of financial depression in words and song.
The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs, directed by Jo Simson, is set in the Empire Music Hall and on the Western Front in 1914.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
Soapsud Island, directed by Jeffrey Goodwin, looks at life from the point of view of the laundry girls in action from the 1930s to the 1950s and sets new words to familiar tunes.
Tickets cost �6 (concessions get �1 off).
They are available from Frances Farrugia on 01438 820136 or from Village News, in Station Road, Knebworth.
The show runs until May 16.
It starts at 7.45pm.