KATS offer cool two-for-one deal for latest production in Knebworth
IN the current economic downturn it s always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money. So how about this… Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket! The p
IN the current economic downturn it's always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money.
So how about this... Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket!
The pleasing deal is for The Good Old Days? Two Musical Plays production, which includes two one act plays, The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs and Soapsud Island.
Both will be performed at Knebworth Village Hall from next Thursday, May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Topically, each play deals with periods of financial depression in words and song.
The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs, directed by Jo Simson, is set in the Empire Music Hall and on the Western Front in 1914.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 8 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
Soapsud Island, directed by Jeffrey Goodwin, looks at life from the point of view of the laundry girls in action from the 1930s to the 1950s and sets new words to familiar tunes.
Tickets cost �6 (concessions get �1 off).
They are available from Frances Farrugia on 01438 820136 or from Village News, in Station Road, Knebworth.
The show runs until May 16.
It starts at 7.45pm.