KATS offer cool two-for-one deal for latest production in Knebworth
IN the current economic downturn it s always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money. So how about this… Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket! The p
IN the current economic downturn it's always refreshing to hear you can get more for your money.
So how about this... Knebworth Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) is offering a two-for-one deal for the showing of two plays for the price of one ticket!
The pleasing deal is for The Good Old Days? Two Musical Plays production, which includes two one act plays, The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs and Soapsud Island.
Both will be performed at Knebworth Village Hall from next Thursday, May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Topically, each play deals with periods of financial depression in words and song.
The Way the Gas Jets Sing on the Stairs, directed by Jo Simson, is set in the Empire Music Hall and on the Western Front in 1914.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Soapsud Island, directed by Jeffrey Goodwin, looks at life from the point of view of the laundry girls in action from the 1930s to the 1950s and sets new words to familiar tunes.
Tickets cost �6 (concessions get �1 off).
They are available from Frances Farrugia on 01438 820136 or from Village News, in Station Road, Knebworth.
The show runs until May 16.
It starts at 7.45pm.