Karen Millen to host Welwyn Garden City charity fashion show
WORLD-FAMOUS fashion designer Karen Millen is hosting and judging a model contest alongside top industry experts including Kevin Adams, from Fame Academy.
The competition, which is raising funds for Teens Unite Fighting Cancer, is being held at Tewin Bury Farm, near WGC.
Participants will be wearing the latest garments WGC fashion brand Figleaves has to offer, from underwear and boudoir items, to its lounge and cashmere collections.
They will strut down the catwalk in front of a panel of judges, made up of Figleaves chief executive Julia Reynolds, Karen Balducci of Toni & Guy Hertford, Kevin Adams, who was the fitness instructor on the BBC talent show, and Karen Millen, whose Icelandic fashion label (which she sold rights to in 2004) is worn across the globe.
The 20 hopeful models, who were recently picked at a casting event at The Hertford House Hotel, will be all hoping to claim the luxury first place prize featuring a hair and beauty makeover, Figleaves goodies and a photo shoot by Ray Lowe for their portfolio.
You may also want to watch:
They will obviously be aiming to impress Karen, who founded the Teens Unite Fighting Cancer charity in 2007 with close friend Debbie Pezzani, and was made an OBE in 2008 for services to fashion.
Tickets for the event on Wednesday, October 20, at 7pm, are �50 and include a three course meal, a glass of Champagne and a goodie bag.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
Funds will be donated on the night to the charity, which is dedicated to improving the lives of young people aged between 13 and 24 with life-limiting illness. To buy one call Jodie Pezzani, of Teens Unite, on 01992 440091 or email email@example.com