Just a few tickets left for Welwyn Hatfield Times election debate
TICKETS have been snapped up fast ahead of the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ General Election hustings next week.
To date, 200 residents have reserved their place in the audience for the Question Time-styled event, which will take place at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum venue in Hatfield on Monday at 6.30pm.
Due to high demand, however, an extra 50 seats have been made available.
Grant Shapps (Con), Mike Hobday (Lab), Paul Zukowskyj (Lib Dem), Jill Weston (Green) and David Platt (UKIP) will take questions on a range of issues.
And speaking of questions, our newsdesk has been flooded with emails from readers keen to find out more about the candidates who are vying for your votes on May 6.
You may also want to watch:
WHT editor Terry Mitchinson, who will be chairing the debate, said: “The response so far has been terrific; both in terms of the take up of seats and the volume of questions we have received.
“The event promises to give our readers more of an insight into the character and policies of the candidates who want to be our next MP.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Places in the audience are free but must be booked in advance. Call the university’s corporate events team on 01707 286525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendees are asked to arrive from 6pm.
For those readers who are unable to make next week’s meeting, the Welwyn Hatfield Times will be providing live updates from the auditorium on our website www.whtimes24.co.uk
For minute-by-minute coverage of the event, just log on to our home page.