Junior doctors’ strike causing disruption at New QEII Hospital
PUBLISHED: 09:46 06 April 2016 | UPDATED: 09:46 06 April 2016
Welwyn Garden City’s New QEII Hospital has said some of its services will be disrupted during the latest junior doctors’ strike starting today.
The action, which is over a contract dispute with the Government, began at 8am and will last until 8am on Friday, and follows another 48-hour strike last month.
The hospital said on its website: “Some hospital appointments and procedures will be affected by the 48-hour national industrial action which is being taken by junior doctors starting at 8am on Wednesday, April 6 until 8am Friday, April 8.
“If you have a planned hospital appointment or procedure on this date and you have not been contacted by the hospital already, then you should assume that your appointment or procedure will be going ahead as normal.”
It continues: “Patients in need of urgent and emergency care will continue to receive the treatment they need, when they need it. However, due to increased pressures on the NHS over this period, those in less urgent need of care may experience longer waiting times than normal and some elective operations may need to be postponed or rearranged.
“In all cases priority will be given to those patients with the most pressing health needs. If you have an urgent health concern and are not sure where to go, call NHS 111 free at any time.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.