Jubilee-ation at Welwyn Garden city beauty spot litter pick
A SHOPPING trolley, double buggy and a tent were among the haul gathered in by volunteer litter pickers tackling rubbish in a WGC park.
Enthusiasts – 42 in total, some pictured – from charity Jubilee House Care Trust filled 29 bags with litter from Stanborough Park around the lakes, in Stanborough Road, in three hours.
The event was part of a team building day for the charity, which provides care and support for adults and children with a learning disability.
Viv Bonner, of Jubilee House Care Trust, based in Grove Meadow, WGC, told the WHT: “We chose to do litter picking at Stanborough Park as it is a local facility used by the trust to support those using the service to enjoy community facilities.
“It was great fun and very competitive and we ended up with 29 bags of litter, a shopping trolley, a double buggy and a tent, and a great sense of achievement!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are very grateful to our all supporters and sponsors who helped to make it such a successful project.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM