Jubilee-ation at Welwyn Garden city beauty spot litter pick
A SHOPPING trolley, double buggy and a tent were among the haul gathered in by volunteer litter pickers tackling rubbish in a WGC park.
Enthusiasts – 42 in total, some pictured – from charity Jubilee House Care Trust filled 29 bags with litter from Stanborough Park around the lakes, in Stanborough Road, in three hours.
The event was part of a team building day for the charity, which provides care and support for adults and children with a learning disability.
Viv Bonner, of Jubilee House Care Trust, based in Grove Meadow, WGC, told the WHT: “We chose to do litter picking at Stanborough Park as it is a local facility used by the trust to support those using the service to enjoy community facilities.
“It was great fun and very competitive and we ended up with 29 bags of litter, a shopping trolley, a double buggy and a tent, and a great sense of achievement!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are very grateful to our all supporters and sponsors who helped to make it such a successful project.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images