Jousting at Knebworth
MEDIEVAL knights in full costume gallop into Knebworth with spectacular action, stunts and fierce battles for a two-day jousting tournament today (Easter Sunday) and tomorrow (Easter Monday).
This display of mounted warhorses is one of the most popular events in the stately home’s annual programme.
The audience can enjoy all the romance, excitement and pageantry of former times with a line-up of equestrian skills and hand-to-hand combat.
There are two jousts each day, starting at 12.30pm and 2.30pm – subject to weather.
The Knights of Royal England have more than 20 years’ experience and perform in an authentic jousting tournament arena with specially-built props, equipment, flags, a royal box and medieval tents.
You may also want to watch:
Children are included in the action and have the opportunity to get involved as part of the supporting ‘court’.
- 1 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening