Join Welwyn Garden City hospice’s anniversary Chain Walk
THE annual Isabel Hospice Chain Walk is marking its 10th anniversary this year.
And to celebrate the milestone, two new routes have been added to the popular fundraiser.
The first is a 10-mile walk starting and finishing at Lemsford Mill – the HQ of Chain Walk sponsors Ramblers Worldwide Holidays.
Lemsford is also the start/finish point of the other new walk, a 3.5-mile jaunt from The Crooked Chimney pub.
The new routes bring the total number of available walks to 19, taking place throughout the hospice’s catchment area on Sunday, September 19.
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising co-ordinator Maria Alexander said: “Each of the 19 walks take place simultaneously around the hospice’s catchment area, all are circular, with an experienced leader to supervise, and include a stop for a pub lunch.
“There is no entry fee but we would encourage walkers to raise sponsorship.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
Full details of all the routes are available on the hospice website (click the link above right).
You can also download an application form from the site, or alternatively call Maria on 01707 382500.