Join Isabel Hospice Christmas fun run in Welwyn Garden City
IF you go down to Welwyn Garden City’s Stanborough Lakes in a couple of weeks time, beware of a big surprise.
For there’s bound to be a bunch of very strange looking people, all in running shoes.
But it is all in a good cause, the Isabel Hospice Bells and Bows fun run.
Sponsored by John Lewis and supported by the WHT and JackFM, the popular 4k event will see hundreds of runners and walkers, in fancy dress or plain running gear, circling Stanborough Lakes on Sunday, December 5.
Organiser, Julie North said: “This is different to your normal Santa run as we encourage runners and walkers to dress up in any festive-inspired outfit they like. That could be a fairy, a Christmas tree, or a reindeer.
You may also want to watch:
“Well behaved dogs are welcome too.
“People always make a real effort with their costumes and there will be spot prizes on the day, judged my Michael Burn from John Lewis and Terry Mitchinson, editor of the WHT.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
“We know this is a really busy time of year for people, but please help your local hospice by taking part in this fun event; we really do need your support. What other sporting event ends in mulled wine and mince pies!”
You can enter by calling fundraising on 01707 382500 or downloading an application form - click on the link above right.