Join Isabel Hospice Christmas fun run in Welwyn Garden City
IF you go down to Welwyn Garden City’s Stanborough Lakes in a couple of weeks time, beware of a big surprise.
For there’s bound to be a bunch of very strange looking people, all in running shoes.
But it is all in a good cause, the Isabel Hospice Bells and Bows fun run.
Sponsored by John Lewis and supported by the WHT and JackFM, the popular 4k event will see hundreds of runners and walkers, in fancy dress or plain running gear, circling Stanborough Lakes on Sunday, December 5.
Organiser, Julie North said: “This is different to your normal Santa run as we encourage runners and walkers to dress up in any festive-inspired outfit they like. That could be a fairy, a Christmas tree, or a reindeer.
You may also want to watch:
“Well behaved dogs are welcome too.
“People always make a real effort with their costumes and there will be spot prizes on the day, judged my Michael Burn from John Lewis and Terry Mitchinson, editor of the WHT.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 7 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
“We know this is a really busy time of year for people, but please help your local hospice by taking part in this fun event; we really do need your support. What other sporting event ends in mulled wine and mince pies!”
You can enter by calling fundraising on 01707 382500 or downloading an application form - click on the link above right.