John Lewis Partnership 2014 bonus announcement today
- Credit: Archant
John Lewis and Waitrose staff will today (Thursday) discover the bonus they will receive for 2013-2014.
The John Lewis Partnership will announce its full year results this morning, which will reveal the all-important annual bonus for workers.
The company’s business model means that profits are distributed to employees, known as ‘partners’, rather than shareholders.
The partnership includes the John Lewis department store in Welwyn Garden City and the nearby Waitrose supermarket.
Every March staff receive a percentage of their pay as a bonus.
You may also want to watch:
They were handed a payout of 14 per cent of their salary in 2012, and in 2011 partners got a whopping 18 per cent.
Last year partners received 17 per cent of their annual salary – equivalent to nine weeks’ wages.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Business analysts speculate partners are in line for bonus of between 14 and 15 per cent this year.
An announcement of the exact figure is due around 9.30am in Welwyn Garden City’s branch of John Lewis.
* For more check the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ website later today and for the full story buy next week’s paper, out on Wednesday.