Jobless incentives for small businesses
SMALL and medium-sized firms will receive an incentive �2,500 for every long-term jobless person they employ and train, thanks to one of many new initiatives set up to try to get the current market flowing. They include the Intensive Support for
SMALL and medium-sized firms will receive an incentive �2,500 for every long-term jobless person they employ and train, thanks to one of many new initiatives set up to try to get the current market flowing.
They include the Intensive Support for Businesses, which is a new �250,000 scheme announced by the East of England Development Agency (EEDA).
The aim of the project is to offer fully-funded expert business advice to existing businesses and early stage start-ups that are suffering as a consequence of the economic downturn, across the region.
Another new development is business secretary Lord Mandelson's plan to underwrite loans to the tune of �20bn to encourage banks to start releasing funds to firms in need of financial support.
You may also want to watch:
EEDA chairman Richard Ellis said: "There is no doubt that it's a difficult and worrying time for many businesses across our region.
"EEDA's own intensive support programme will complement the Government's actions by offering businesses that one-to-one dedicated time with specialist advisors which can be so important in finding ways to adapt, survive and improve.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 3 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 6 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
"My message to businesses remains the same - seek this sort of help early to ensure that you are in the best possible shape to face these challenges head-on.