Job fears at Hatfield water company
IT jobs at a Hatfield-based water company are under threat.
Veolia Central Water, based in Tamblin Way, on Hatfield Busines Park, announced last week it had appointed consultancy firm Tata – which specialises in outsourcing “non-core” operations to India, China and the Philippines – as it’s IT business partner.
In a company statement, Veolia’s chief information officer Buddy Willard said: “Following a company-wide review of our IT provision we will be appointing an IT business partner to deliver the knowledge and expertise we require to meet our future IT needs.
“I can confirm we have entered into talks with our preferred partner Tata Consultancy Services Limited with the intention of developing a partnering relationship.”
“We are keeping our people fully informed, however until the review is completed we cannot share the exact details of how they may be affected.”
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the company employs around 60 IT staff.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images