Job fears at Hatfield water company
IT jobs at a Hatfield-based water company are under threat.
Veolia Central Water, based in Tamblin Way, on Hatfield Busines Park, announced last week it had appointed consultancy firm Tata – which specialises in outsourcing “non-core” operations to India, China and the Philippines – as it’s IT business partner.
In a company statement, Veolia’s chief information officer Buddy Willard said: “Following a company-wide review of our IT provision we will be appointing an IT business partner to deliver the knowledge and expertise we require to meet our future IT needs.
“I can confirm we have entered into talks with our preferred partner Tata Consultancy Services Limited with the intention of developing a partnering relationship.”
“We are keeping our people fully informed, however until the review is completed we cannot share the exact details of how they may be affected.”
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the company employs around 60 IT staff.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM