Jewellery taken in Cuffley burglary
A HAUL of gold and platinum jewellery has been taken during a raid at a family home.
An diamond engagement ring, wedding band, Cartier watch and a pearl necklace were among the loot of more than 25 precious items.
The chains, rings, watches, bracelets and earrings were taken from the bedroom of a home on King James Avenue, Cuffley, while the homeowners were away between March 7 and 10.
Police have only this week released details of the raid, which has left the homeowners distraught as many items held a sentimental value.
Pc Jillian Green said: “This is a despicable crime and the victim is very distressed by losing such a large amount of jewellery which holds great sentimental value.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the offenders, have any information about this burglary or anyone who has been offered any jewellery for sale similar to the above listed.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire