Jewellery taken in Cuffley burglary
A HAUL of gold and platinum jewellery has been taken during a raid at a family home.
An diamond engagement ring, wedding band, Cartier watch and a pearl necklace were among the loot of more than 25 precious items.
The chains, rings, watches, bracelets and earrings were taken from the bedroom of a home on King James Avenue, Cuffley, while the homeowners were away between March 7 and 10.
Police have only this week released details of the raid, which has left the homeowners distraught as many items held a sentimental value.
Pc Jillian Green said: “This is a despicable crime and the victim is very distressed by losing such a large amount of jewellery which holds great sentimental value.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the offenders, have any information about this burglary or anyone who has been offered any jewellery for sale similar to the above listed.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week