Jewellery taken in Cuffley burglary
A HAUL of gold and platinum jewellery has been taken during a raid at a family home.
An diamond engagement ring, wedding band, Cartier watch and a pearl necklace were among the loot of more than 25 precious items.
The chains, rings, watches, bracelets and earrings were taken from the bedroom of a home on King James Avenue, Cuffley, while the homeowners were away between March 7 and 10.
Police have only this week released details of the raid, which has left the homeowners distraught as many items held a sentimental value.
Pc Jillian Green said: “This is a despicable crime and the victim is very distressed by losing such a large amount of jewellery which holds great sentimental value.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the offenders, have any information about this burglary or anyone who has been offered any jewellery for sale similar to the above listed.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement