It's curtains for Welwyn Garden City as old boy Draper nets twice
WELWYN Garden City slipped to a 3-1 defeat yesterday (Saturday) away at St Margaretsbury in a game they totally dominated, despite the scoreline. Three counter attacks and three home goals knocked the stuffing out of Del Deanus Citizens side, despite Pau
WELWYN Garden City slipped to a 3-1 defeat yesterday (Saturday) away at St Margaretsbury in a game they totally dominated, despite the scoreline.
Three counter attacks and three home goals knocked the stuffing out of Del Deanus' Citizens side, despite Paul Mark's grabbing a consolation goal.
The hosts took the lead on nine minutes when captain John Barker headed past stand-in keeper Mark Blackburne.
The lead was doubled just over 10 minutes later when former City striker Mark Draper got goal-side of Vince Rispoli and slotted home.
You may also want to watch:
Despite dominating possession, the visitors could not find a way past home custodian James Sturgeon.
And 20 minutes into the second half it was 3-0 when Draper got his second of the game.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
Midfield man Paul Marks pulled a goal back from a tight angle for the Herns Lane club, but it was not enough as they fell to an unlikely defeat in the Premier Division of the Spartan South Midlands League.