It's curtains for Welwyn Garden City as old boy Draper nets twice
WELWYN Garden City slipped to a 3-1 defeat yesterday (Saturday) away at St Margaretsbury in a game they totally dominated, despite the scoreline. Three counter attacks and three home goals knocked the stuffing out of Del Deanus Citizens side, despite Pau
WELWYN Garden City slipped to a 3-1 defeat yesterday (Saturday) away at St Margaretsbury in a game they totally dominated, despite the scoreline.
Three counter attacks and three home goals knocked the stuffing out of Del Deanus' Citizens side, despite Paul Mark's grabbing a consolation goal.
The hosts took the lead on nine minutes when captain John Barker headed past stand-in keeper Mark Blackburne.
The lead was doubled just over 10 minutes later when former City striker Mark Draper got goal-side of Vince Rispoli and slotted home.
You may also want to watch:
Despite dominating possession, the visitors could not find a way past home custodian James Sturgeon.
And 20 minutes into the second half it was 3-0 when Draper got his second of the game.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
Midfield man Paul Marks pulled a goal back from a tight angle for the Herns Lane club, but it was not enough as they fell to an unlikely defeat in the Premier Division of the Spartan South Midlands League.