It's curtains for Welwyn Garden City as old boy Draper nets twice
WELWYN Garden City slipped to a 3-1 defeat yesterday (Saturday) away at St Margaretsbury in a game they totally dominated, despite the scoreline. Three counter attacks and three home goals knocked the stuffing out of Del Deanus Citizens side, despite Pau
WELWYN Garden City slipped to a 3-1 defeat yesterday (Saturday) away at St Margaretsbury in a game they totally dominated, despite the scoreline.
Three counter attacks and three home goals knocked the stuffing out of Del Deanus' Citizens side, despite Paul Mark's grabbing a consolation goal.
The hosts took the lead on nine minutes when captain John Barker headed past stand-in keeper Mark Blackburne.
The lead was doubled just over 10 minutes later when former City striker Mark Draper got goal-side of Vince Rispoli and slotted home.
You may also want to watch:
Despite dominating possession, the visitors could not find a way past home custodian James Sturgeon.
And 20 minutes into the second half it was 3-0 when Draper got his second of the game.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
Midfield man Paul Marks pulled a goal back from a tight angle for the Herns Lane club, but it was not enough as they fell to an unlikely defeat in the Premier Division of the Spartan South Midlands League.