Solicitors to help residents write wills in support of Isabel Hospice campaign
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City solicitors will donate their time and expertise to raise money to support people with life-limiting illnesses.
Crane & Staples, Ewart Price and HRJ Foreman Laws have offered their services during Isabel Hospice’s annual Make A Will Week, when solicitors make or amend wills in return for donations to the charity, from March 4 to 10.
Isabel Hospice legacy and in memorium fundraising manager Heather West said: “Many people put off making a will. They don’t want to think about it, life gets busy and of course no one wants to think about dying.
“However, dying without making a will puts terrible pressure on your family at a time when they are already grieving and will mean that everything you own will be shared out in a standard way, defined by the law, which may not be what you want.
“Writing a will is especially important if you have children or other family who depend on you financially, or if you want to leave something to someone outside your immediate family.”
You may also want to watch:
Over the years, Make A Will Week has raised more than £150,000 for Isabel Hospice.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack