Christmas tree recycling service offered by hospice to raise funds
- Credit: Archant
This New Year Isabel Hospice is offering a service to recycle your real Christmas tree in return for a donation.
The charity will use a fleet of vans from supporters to collect Christmas trees from Welwyn Hatfield residents from January 8 to 11.
The postcodes that Isabel will be collecting from are: AL6 0, AL6 9, AL7 1-4, AL8 6-7, AL9 5-7, AL10 0 and AL10 8-9.
This initiative, while helping local families needing the Hospice’s support, will also help to reduce the environmental effects of waste post-Christmas.
All you need to do is book a collection via isabelhospice.org.uk/christmastree and make sure the tree is visible from the front of your property by 8am on January 8.
Isabel Hospice Christmas Tree Recycling collection asks for people booking a collection to donate, with a suggested donation of £10 – 90 per cent of all donations will go directly to Isabel Hospice and 10 per cent to other local charities.
You may also want to watch:
£10 could pay for three specially prepared meals this Christmas Day for a patient at their In-Patient Unit.
£25 could cover the cost of one hour’s specialist nursing care in their In-Patient Unit.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
£47 could cover the cost of a two hour home visit by Community Clinical Nurse Specialists.
£52 could provide two hours of bereavement support for a family facing the loss of a loved one this Christmas.