Is Welwyn Garden City schoolgirl the model entrant?
A SCHOOLGIRL is calling on the people of Times Territory to back her modelling dream.
Cat Marron, of Haygarth, Knebworth, is battling to be crowned the 2011 Teen Queen UK. She is one of 50 girls in the October heat, with just two places in next summer’s grand final up for grabs.
With the opportunity of appearing at the finals night next August, as well as a host of prizes on offer, the stakes are high.
And the 16-year-old is hoping for further votes from Times Territory residents to help get her to the final.
Cat, who already has a contract with agency Models Direct, cites Chanel and Pirates of the Caribbean star Keira Knightley as her favourite model.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I entered the competition because my agency said it would be helpful for me to get more experience.
“So far I’ve got 49 votes and there’s other people with a lot more, so I need I bit of support.”
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
Teen Queen UK runs throughout the year with two girls a month being put through to their finals.
If the dream doesn’t come off for the Stanborough School sixth-former, who is currently studying drama, English language, philosophy and ethics, Cat hopes to go on to university and eventually become a drama teacher.
* Do you think she is the cat’s whiskers?
To vote for her text “Cat Marron” to 84205 or call 0901 656 1515 and enter the digits 21.