Is Welwyn Garden City schoolgirl the model entrant?
A SCHOOLGIRL is calling on the people of Times Territory to back her modelling dream.
Cat Marron, of Haygarth, Knebworth, is battling to be crowned the 2011 Teen Queen UK. She is one of 50 girls in the October heat, with just two places in next summer’s grand final up for grabs.
With the opportunity of appearing at the finals night next August, as well as a host of prizes on offer, the stakes are high.
And the 16-year-old is hoping for further votes from Times Territory residents to help get her to the final.
Cat, who already has a contract with agency Models Direct, cites Chanel and Pirates of the Caribbean star Keira Knightley as her favourite model.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I entered the competition because my agency said it would be helpful for me to get more experience.
“So far I’ve got 49 votes and there’s other people with a lot more, so I need I bit of support.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 7 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 8 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
Teen Queen UK runs throughout the year with two girls a month being put through to their finals.
If the dream doesn’t come off for the Stanborough School sixth-former, who is currently studying drama, English language, philosophy and ethics, Cat hopes to go on to university and eventually become a drama teacher.
* Do you think she is the cat’s whiskers?
To vote for her text “Cat Marron” to 84205 or call 0901 656 1515 and enter the digits 21.