Is Vinnie Jones set for Celebrity Big Brother?
THE final series of Celebrity Big Brother starts tonight (Sunday) – with football-turned-actor Vinnie Jones rumoured to be among the housemates.
As ever, Channel 4 bosses are remaining tight-lipped about the identities of those taking part.
But Vinnie, a former pupil at Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park, has been widely touted as a housemate in the tabloid press and on internet forums.
Vinnie, who turns 45 on Tuesday, could find himself in the house alongside the likes of former Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson, Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood’s former girlfriend, Ekaterina Ivanova, and another ex-footballer, Paul Gascoigne.
Glamour model Katie Price’s on-off boyfriend Alex Reid, as well as her ex, pop star Dane Bowers, have also been tipped to take part.
You may also want to watch:
Whoever does make it in can expect a hell-ish time in this, the seventh series of Celebrity Big Brother.
It has been given a theme of “hell lies in others”, and the house has been given a suitably dark makeover, complete with Diary Room chair modelled on a fairground waltzer ride.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
Watford-born Vinnie made his name as a football hardman.
Originally a member of Wimbledon’s infamous ‘Crazy Gang’ in the 1980s, he has also played for Leeds, Sheffield United, Chelsea and QPR.
He then forged a film career, maintaining his hardman image in the likes of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, and X-Men: The Last Stand.
Closer to home, in 2005 as president of the Hertfordshire Agricultural Society, he was involved in the Herts County Show, an event sponsored by the Welwyn Hatfield Times and our sister publications.
Find out who is starring in Celebrity Big Brother when host Davina McCall reveals all at 9pm on Channel 4.