Is Vinnie Jones set for Celebrity Big Brother?
THE final series of Celebrity Big Brother starts tonight (Sunday) – with football-turned-actor Vinnie Jones rumoured to be among the housemates.
As ever, Channel 4 bosses are remaining tight-lipped about the identities of those taking part.
But Vinnie, a former pupil at Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park, has been widely touted as a housemate in the tabloid press and on internet forums.
Vinnie, who turns 45 on Tuesday, could find himself in the house alongside the likes of former Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson, Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood’s former girlfriend, Ekaterina Ivanova, and another ex-footballer, Paul Gascoigne.
Glamour model Katie Price’s on-off boyfriend Alex Reid, as well as her ex, pop star Dane Bowers, have also been tipped to take part.
Whoever does make it in can expect a hell-ish time in this, the seventh series of Celebrity Big Brother.
It has been given a theme of “hell lies in others”, and the house has been given a suitably dark makeover, complete with Diary Room chair modelled on a fairground waltzer ride.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City BID renewed and funding secured following ballot
Watford-born Vinnie made his name as a football hardman.
Originally a member of Wimbledon’s infamous ‘Crazy Gang’ in the 1980s, he has also played for Leeds, Sheffield United, Chelsea and QPR.
He then forged a film career, maintaining his hardman image in the likes of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, and X-Men: The Last Stand.
Closer to home, in 2005 as president of the Hertfordshire Agricultural Society, he was involved in the Herts County Show, an event sponsored by the Welwyn Hatfield Times and our sister publications.
Find out who is starring in Celebrity Big Brother when host Davina McCall reveals all at 9pm on Channel 4.