Is a cat killer on the prowl?
FOUR cats from Goffs Oak have died in the space of one week after suffering a variety of suspicious injuries. The worrying pattern emerged after Ollie, a one-year-old tabby who had been missing for two weeks, was found dead with a
FOUR cats from Goffs Oak have died in the space of one week after suffering a variety of "suspicious" injuries.
The worrying pattern emerged after Ollie, a one-year-old tabby who had been missing for two weeks, was found dead with a fractured spine, leg and foot.
A vet later concluded that his injuries had "probably been caused deliberately".
Ollie, who was discovered on September 24, was the fourth feline to be taken to the centre with such injuries in the space of seven days.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out on Wednesday
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week