Is a cat killer on the prowl?
FOUR cats from Goffs Oak have died in the space of one week after suffering a variety of suspicious injuries. The worrying pattern emerged after Ollie, a one-year-old tabby who had been missing for two weeks, was found dead with a
FOUR cats from Goffs Oak have died in the space of one week after suffering a variety of "suspicious" injuries.
The worrying pattern emerged after Ollie, a one-year-old tabby who had been missing for two weeks, was found dead with a fractured spine, leg and foot.
A vet later concluded that his injuries had "probably been caused deliberately".
Ollie, who was discovered on September 24, was the fourth feline to be taken to the centre with such injuries in the space of seven days.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out on Wednesday
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield