M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- Credit: Supplied
Climate protestors from Insulate Britain have returned for a second day of climate protests - blocking both directions at junction 23 on the M25 near South Mimms.
The climate protest group first began blocking roads yesterday with the long term goal of forcing the government to provide insulation of all social housing and retrofit all houses to make them more environmentally friendly.
Insulate Britain tweeted this morning: "You're angry. So are we. You're afraid for your job. So are we. You feel powerless. So did we.
"But sitting in the road makes @BorisJohnson sit up & take notice. So we're staying, until @10DowningStreet #getonwiththejob."
The police are on the scene, with Herts police tweeting: "We are currently dealing with an incident near junction 1 (#SouthMimms) of the #A1M southbound.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers are at the scene. The road has been closed and as a result there is some traffic congestion. Motorists are asked to please avoid the area where possible."
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 7 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event