Inflatable train arrives at school fete
VISITORS to a school fete were promised something special – and it seems they weren t disappointed. The summer fete at Applecroft School, in Applecroft Road, WGC, boasted an enormous, 100ft long inflatable train run – one of only two of its kind in the wh
VISITORS to a school fete were promised something special - and it seems they weren't disappointed.
The summer fete at Applecroft School, in Applecroft Road, WGC, boasted an enormous, 100ft long inflatable train run - one of only two of its kind in the whole of Europe.
The inflatable had been kept a secret until the day of the fete, but it certainly drew crowds all day, said fete organiser John Horsely.
"It attracted quite a crowd, and it also meant that the other attractions and stalls were kept busy all day," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather was great and overall the fete was very well attended.
"Hopefully the day will have raised some money for the school.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone