Inflatable train arrives at school fete
VISITORS to a school fete were promised something special – and it seems they weren t disappointed. The summer fete at Applecroft School, in Applecroft Road, WGC, boasted an enormous, 100ft long inflatable train run – one of only two of its kind in the wh
VISITORS to a school fete were promised something special - and it seems they weren't disappointed.
The summer fete at Applecroft School, in Applecroft Road, WGC, boasted an enormous, 100ft long inflatable train run - one of only two of its kind in the whole of Europe.
The inflatable had been kept a secret until the day of the fete, but it certainly drew crowds all day, said fete organiser John Horsely.
"It attracted quite a crowd, and it also meant that the other attractions and stalls were kept busy all day," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather was great and overall the fete was very well attended.
"Hopefully the day will have raised some money for the school.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire