Infighting among Welwyn Hatfield Liberal Democrats
INFIGHTING at Liberal Democrat headquarters on polling day resulted in police and an ambulance being called to the home of a councillor in WGC.
The emergency services were summoned to the Lytton Gardens home of borough and county councillor Malcolm Cowan on Thursday morning.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at around 10.07am on May 5 to reports of an altercation between a man and a woman on Lytton Gardens in WGC.
“The woman was taken to hospital to receive treatment.”
However, Lib Dem leader Tony Skottowe told the WHT: “Welwyn Hatfield Liberal Democrats wish to make it clear there is no truth in rumours that one of our councillors was assaulted on polling day.”
You may also want to watch:
Friday’s results capped a miserable campaign for the party and their bid to change the voting system to AV.
Lib Dem chair Nigel Quinton said: “Although to us it may seem unfair to be blamed for everything bad while our coalition partners at Westminster seem to be getting off scot-free, that is the nature of politics, and we have to take it on the chin.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows