Indie stars The Twang set for university date in Hatfield
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield later this month. The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums). Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were or
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield later this month.
The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums).
Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originally known as 'Neon Twang', released a string of well-received singles in 2007, including Wide Awake and Either Way.
Compared to Britpop legends The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, the band's debut LP Love It When I Feel Like This reached number 3 in the UK album chart in June 2007.
You may also want to watch:
The group's as-yet-untitled second studio album had been pencilled in for a January 2009 release, but at the time of writing it has yet to hit the shelves.
The Twang will be at the University of Hertfordshire's Student Union on Thursday, February 19 as part of their latest UK tour, which also takes in dates in High Wycombe, Sheffield and Reading.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Fans can expect a mixture of new material and hits from the past two years.
Tickets cost �12.50 and are available from
For more information about the band visit www.thetwang.co.uk or www.myspace.com/thetwang