Indie stars The Twang set for university date in Hatfield
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield later this month. The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums). Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were or
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield later this month.
The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums).
Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originally known as 'Neon Twang', released a string of well-received singles in 2007, including Wide Awake and Either Way.
Compared to Britpop legends The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, the band's debut LP Love It When I Feel Like This reached number 3 in the UK album chart in June 2007.
You may also want to watch:
The group's as-yet-untitled second studio album had been pencilled in for a January 2009 release, but at the time of writing it has yet to hit the shelves.
The Twang will be at the University of Hertfordshire's Student Union on Thursday, February 19 as part of their latest UK tour, which also takes in dates in High Wycombe, Sheffield and Reading.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 New lease of life for shop in historic Old Hatfield
Fans can expect a mixture of new material and hits from the past two years.
Tickets cost �12.50 and are available from
For more information about the band visit www.thetwang.co.uk or www.myspace.com/thetwang