Indie stars The Twang set for university date in Hatfield
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield later this month. The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums). Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were or
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield later this month.
The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums).
Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originally known as 'Neon Twang', released a string of well-received singles in 2007, including Wide Awake and Either Way.
Compared to Britpop legends The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, the band's debut LP Love It When I Feel Like This reached number 3 in the UK album chart in June 2007.
The group's as-yet-untitled second studio album had been pencilled in for a January 2009 release, but at the time of writing it has yet to hit the shelves.
The Twang will be at the University of Hertfordshire's Student Union on Thursday, February 19 as part of their latest UK tour, which also takes in dates in High Wycombe, Sheffield and Reading.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
Fans can expect a mixture of new material and hits from the past two years.
Tickets cost �12.50 and are available from
For more information about the band visit www.thetwang.co.uk or www.myspace.com/thetwang