Indie rockers The Twang come to university in Hatfield
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield next week. The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums). Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originall
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield next week.
The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums).
Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originally known as 'Neon Twang', released a string of well-received singles in 2007, including Wide Awake and Either Way.
Compared to Britpop
You may also want to watch:
legends The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, the band's debut LP Love It When I Feel Like This reached
number 3 in the UK album chart in June 2007.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
The group's as-yet-untitled second studio album had been pencilled in for a January 2009 release, but at the time of writing it has yet to hit the shelves.
The Twang will be at the University of Hertfordshire's Student Union on Thursday, February 19 as part of their latest UK tour, which also takes in dates in High Wycombe, Sheffield and Reading.
Fans can expect a mixture of new material and hits from the past two years.
Tickets cost �12.50 and are available from www.seetickets.com
For more information about the band visit www.thetwang.co.uk or www.myspace.com/thetwang