Indie rockers The Twang come to university in Hatfield
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield next week. The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums). Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originall
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield next week.
The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums).
Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originally known as 'Neon Twang', released a string of well-received singles in 2007, including Wide Awake and Either Way.
Compared to Britpop
You may also want to watch:
legends The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, the band's debut LP Love It When I Feel Like This reached
number 3 in the UK album chart in June 2007.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 10 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
The group's as-yet-untitled second studio album had been pencilled in for a January 2009 release, but at the time of writing it has yet to hit the shelves.
The Twang will be at the University of Hertfordshire's Student Union on Thursday, February 19 as part of their latest UK tour, which also takes in dates in High Wycombe, Sheffield and Reading.
Fans can expect a mixture of new material and hits from the past two years.
Tickets cost �12.50 and are available from www.seetickets.com
For more information about the band visit www.thetwang.co.uk or www.myspace.com/thetwang