Indie rockers The Twang come to university in Hatfield
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield next week. The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums). Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originall
INDIE rockers The Twang are coming to Hatfield next week.
The Twang are Phil Etheridge (vocals), Martin Saunders (vocals), Jon Watkin (bass), Stu Hartland (guitar) and Matty Clinton (drums).
Formed in Birmingham in 2004, the five-piece, who were originally known as 'Neon Twang', released a string of well-received singles in 2007, including Wide Awake and Either Way.
Compared to Britpop
You may also want to watch:
legends The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, the band's debut LP Love It When I Feel Like This reached
number 3 in the UK album chart in June 2007.
- 1 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 2 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 7 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
The group's as-yet-untitled second studio album had been pencilled in for a January 2009 release, but at the time of writing it has yet to hit the shelves.
The Twang will be at the University of Hertfordshire's Student Union on Thursday, February 19 as part of their latest UK tour, which also takes in dates in High Wycombe, Sheffield and Reading.
Fans can expect a mixture of new material and hits from the past two years.
Tickets cost �12.50 and are available from www.seetickets.com
For more information about the band visit www.thetwang.co.uk or www.myspace.com/thetwang