Incinerator meeting in Hatfield tonight
A PUBLIC meeting will take place in Hatfield tonight (Wednesday) to oppose the county council s plans to build a 270,000 tonne waste incinerator at New Barnfield. Borough councillor and Hatfield resident Kieran Thorpe, who has helped
A PUBLIC meeting will take place in Hatfield tonight (Wednesday) to oppose the county council's plans to build a 270,000 tonne waste incinerator at New Barnfield.
Borough councillor and Hatfield resident Kieran Thorpe, who has helped organise the event, said: "Everyone is welcome to come along and hear reports on the current situation and, more importantly, to give their views on the matter."
The meeting will take place at the Hilltop Hall, next to the Harrier public house in Bishops Rise, South Hatfield.
It starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Log onto www.whtimes24.co.uk tomorrow for a report
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation