In the midnight hour for Hatfield sponsored swim
SWIMMERS will be gathering in the midnight hour as an annual charity swim gets a new nocturnal twist.
Isabel Hospice will be hosting its first Midnight Swim on Saturday, March 26.
And, in another change to the sponsored swim, there’s a choice of venues this year – the pool at Haileybury College, as usual, and Hatfield Swim Centre.
The theme is Nautical Nonsense, and participants can swim in teams or as an individual.
A spokeswoman said: “Fancy dress is optional but we would love to see as many pirates, sailors, fish, mermaids or any underwater creature there!
You may also want to watch:
“There will be lots of fun on the night and spectators are encouraged to come along in their pyjamas as there will be hot chocolate and cakes on sale.”
All ages welcome, but children must be accompanied by an adult. Entry costs �10 for adults, and �5 for under-14s.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 7 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
For an application form call the WGC-based hospice’s fundraising team on 01707 382500, or download one at www.isabelhospice.org.uk