Illegal DVDs seized in covert operations across Welwyn Hatfield
MORE than 10,000 CDs and DVDs have been seized by police in the last month following a string of covert operations across Welwyn Hatfield. Two men were arrested and some 9,574
MORE than 10,000 CDs and DVDs have been seized by police in the last month following a string of covert operations across Welwyn Hatfield.
Two men were arrested and some 9,574 discs, together with 3,841 printed sleeves, were confiscated in August.
After questioning the men on suspicion of possession of criminal property, one man, a 37-year-old, was police bailed until November 2, while the other was released without charge.
And in the latest operation, which took place at a car boot sale in Birchwood on Sunday, cops impounded 486 DVDs and formally cautioned a man in his 20s for possession of criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: "The Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood team regularly carries out plain-clothed patrols at car boot sales across the district including Brookmans Park, Cuffley and Birchwood and have been working closely with the Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT)."
If you suspect anyone of being involved in the illegal sale or production of DVDs or CDs, call police on 0845 3300222.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children