Icy conditions causing havoc for road drivers in Welwyn Hatfield
THE roads are treacherous this morning (Wednesday) as icy conditions are causing chaos throughout Times Territory. Two cars have flipped on to their roofs.
THE roads are treacherous this morning (Wednesday) as icy conditions are causing chaos throughout Times Territory.
Two cars have flipped on to their roofs.
The driver of a blue Renault Megane had a lucky escape when their car overturned and landed in a ditch in Ascots Lane, WGC, at 7.10am.
The road and Hollybush Lane have been closed.
You may also want to watch:
A green Fiat Punto ended up on its roof in Kimpton Road, between Welwyn and Ayot St Lawrence, at about 8.30am.
In a third accident, a car and a bus were in collision just after 8am on the roundabout of Coopers Green Lane and Green Lanes, just outside Hatfield.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
Motorists have reported having to mount a grass verge to get past the accident scene, which is causing congestion.
No one was injured in any of the three accidents this morning.