Icy conditions causing havoc for road drivers in Welwyn Hatfield
THE roads are treacherous this morning (Wednesday) as icy conditions are causing chaos throughout Times Territory. Two cars have flipped on to their roofs.
THE roads are treacherous this morning (Wednesday) as icy conditions are causing chaos throughout Times Territory.
Two cars have flipped on to their roofs.
The driver of a blue Renault Megane had a lucky escape when their car overturned and landed in a ditch in Ascots Lane, WGC, at 7.10am.
The road and Hollybush Lane have been closed.
You may also want to watch:
A green Fiat Punto ended up on its roof in Kimpton Road, between Welwyn and Ayot St Lawrence, at about 8.30am.
In a third accident, a car and a bus were in collision just after 8am on the roundabout of Coopers Green Lane and Green Lanes, just outside Hatfield.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
Motorists have reported having to mount a grass verge to get past the accident scene, which is causing congestion.
No one was injured in any of the three accidents this morning.