Iceland in Welwyn Garden City evacuated
A SHOP was evacuated this afternoon (Tuesday) after smoke poured out of a chiller. A freezer at Iceland, in WGC, over-heated causing an acid smell at 1pm. A worker at the Fretherne Road store said the air conditioning unit had not been working for a f
A SHOP was evacuated this afternoon (Tuesday) after smoke poured out of a chiller.
A freezer at Iceland, in WGC, over-heated causing an "acid smell" at 1pm.
A worker at the Fretherne Road store said the air conditioning unit had not been working for a few days, causing heat within the retailer to soar up to 92F.
"It was very hot in there", she said: "I think that's why it has started to smoke."
You may also want to watch:
Colleague Laura Clark, 18, from WGC, added: "Everyone went out safe. It was a really bad smell.
"We are waiting for someone to come and fix it."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
One fire crew, from WGC, is currently on the scene.