I’m A Celebrity star Camilla Dallerup to sleep rough in Hatfield
THERE’s just weeks to go before the YMCA’s Sleep Easy event, when around 100 people will sleep under the stars to raise money and awareness for homelessness.
But it seems the event, being held outside the Galleria in Hatfield on January 30, will now have a few stars on the ground as well.
For Central Herts YMCA has signed up none other than Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup as its latest recruit to the event.
She won the BBC dance competition in 2008 as partner of Holby City actor Tom Chambers – the pair beating WGC model and presenter Lisa Snowdon in the show’s final.
Camilla, 35, will be joined by her fiance, Hollyoaks actor Kevin Sacre, who plays Jake Dean, for the all night sleep out.
You may also want to watch:
She is, of course, no stranger to spending the night outdoors.
The professional dancer took part in last year’s I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, but left the show after five days suffering with exhaustion.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
“Having been for five days in the jungle on I’m A Celebrity I know that bad sleep and hunger can affect your mind as well as your body.
“I feel passionate about the subject of people sleeping rough and I think it is something that could happen to anyone of us,” she said.