I’m A Celebrity star Camilla Dallerup to sleep rough in Hatfield
THERE’s just weeks to go before the YMCA’s Sleep Easy event, when around 100 people will sleep under the stars to raise money and awareness for homelessness.
But it seems the event, being held outside the Galleria in Hatfield on January 30, will now have a few stars on the ground as well.
For Central Herts YMCA has signed up none other than Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup as its latest recruit to the event.
She won the BBC dance competition in 2008 as partner of Holby City actor Tom Chambers – the pair beating WGC model and presenter Lisa Snowdon in the show’s final.
Camilla, 35, will be joined by her fiance, Hollyoaks actor Kevin Sacre, who plays Jake Dean, for the all night sleep out.
You may also want to watch:
She is, of course, no stranger to spending the night outdoors.
The professional dancer took part in last year’s I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, but left the show after five days suffering with exhaustion.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
“Having been for five days in the jungle on I’m A Celebrity I know that bad sleep and hunger can affect your mind as well as your body.
“I feel passionate about the subject of people sleeping rough and I think it is something that could happen to anyone of us,” she said.