I’m A Celebrity star Camilla Dallerup to sleep rough in Hatfield
THERE’s just weeks to go before the YMCA’s Sleep Easy event, when around 100 people will sleep under the stars to raise money and awareness for homelessness.
But it seems the event, being held outside the Galleria in Hatfield on January 30, will now have a few stars on the ground as well.
For Central Herts YMCA has signed up none other than Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup as its latest recruit to the event.
She won the BBC dance competition in 2008 as partner of Holby City actor Tom Chambers – the pair beating WGC model and presenter Lisa Snowdon in the show’s final.
Camilla, 35, will be joined by her fiance, Hollyoaks actor Kevin Sacre, who plays Jake Dean, for the all night sleep out.
You may also want to watch:
She is, of course, no stranger to spending the night outdoors.
The professional dancer took part in last year’s I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, but left the show after five days suffering with exhaustion.
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
“Having been for five days in the jungle on I’m A Celebrity I know that bad sleep and hunger can affect your mind as well as your body.
“I feel passionate about the subject of people sleeping rough and I think it is something that could happen to anyone of us,” she said.