Hypnosis sessions in Knebworth can help you lose weight or stop smoking
A FEW weeks into my New Year resolution to lose weight, my willpower to persist was really testing me. So when I heard a hypnotherapist could help in my battle to keep the pounds at bay – and effortlessly at that – I thought I must investigate. Mark Vas
Reporter Simon Wesson tries a spot of hypnotherapy
A FEW weeks into my New Year resolution to lose weight, my willpower to persist was really testing me.
So when I heard a hypnotherapist could help in my battle to keep the pounds at bay - and "effortlessly" at that - I thought I must investigate.
Mark Vasey has set up hypnotherapist sessions within the 4-hair salon he owns in London Road, Knebworth.
You may also want to watch:
Named 4-hypnotherapy, he runs 'Pound Busting' group sessions where he can remove the need for any willpower, aiming to re-
programme people's mind so they eat less and enjoy eating more healthily.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Although he normally works with groups, which heavily reduces the cost, Mark invited me along for a one-to-one session.
Putting stereotypical images of hypnotists to one side - think the "look into my eyes, not around the eyes" chap in Little Britain - I took Mark up on his offer.
And I was glad I did.
Firstly, Mark ran through why people are overweight and what he can do to help me lose, hopefully, a stone or so.
We talked about my likes and dislikes, taking into account factors like conditioned habits and related issues.
He then pointed out three main reasons why people are overweight - bad habits, emotion and faulty programming.
It was then my time for the hypnotherapy, where I would remain conscious throughout.
The techniques Mark employs are analytical - or pure hypnoanalysis - as well as clinical hypnosis, sometimes called suggestion therapy.
He put me in a completely relaxed state-of-mind and talked about the things that will make me the person I want to be.
After the treatment was finished, I felt absolutely invigorated, with a sudden need to get fit and eat healthily.
I was left with a few points to concentrate on - do not over eat, be conscious of what I am eating etc - as well as a personalised CD to keep listening to.
Mark, who has always had an interest in psychology and through working in a salon realised he could help his clients with personal issues, said: "The simple truth is that most diets don't work.
"Medical research shows that 90 per cent of dieters who lose weight on calorie controlled or low fat diets regain every ounce.
"That's because they return to old eating habits and the pounds pile back on.
"To lose weight and successfully keep it off you need to re-programme your mind and attitude towards food."
n For more information about the sessions or to book a free consultation visit www.4-hypno
therapy.co.uk or www.hypnoweightloss.co.uk or call 01438 812114.