Hunt on for Potters Bar park attacker
POLICE are calling for help in their hunt to catch an attacker who assaulted a woman in Oakmere Park.
The assailant, described as a man with dark skin, possibly of Asian origin, grabbed the 18-year-old woman by her shoulders in the Potters Bar park.
He then attempted to grab her by the neck before she broke loose and ran towards Forbes Avenue.
The incident happened just after midnight on Wednesday, May 11.
The attacker is said to be around 5ft 6in tall, in his early thirties, with a beer belly and thick stuble on his face.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing dark clothing.
Investigating officer, Pc Jon Singleton, said: “Thankfully, although the woman was shaken, she was not injured as a result of this incident.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the park at the time the incident took place and saw anything suspicious, or if you perhaps recognise the man described, to get in touch with police.
“Any information you provide, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could help us to find the person responsible for this crime.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Singleton on the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.